IMPORTANT - In order to set up the phone and deliver this product, customer contact details are securely passed onto the service provider, Fuss Free Phones. If you have any queries regarding this, please contact our helpline.
Fuss Free Phones will contact you by phone towards the end of your subscription period to enquire whether you would like to continue or extend your subscription. If so, they will arrange payment directly between yourself and Fuss Free Phones.
What is Fuss Free Phones?
Fuss Free Phones is a mobile network providing national coverage and a UK call centre that puts calls through to your friends and relatives. We’ve paired it with the popular Doro 6520 mobile that is easy to see and simple to use with a large call button at the back. That button on the back of the handset links you straight to Fuss Free Phones' 24 hour call centre and their friendly telephonists.
Make your own calls or use the telephonist service
You can call the call centre as many times as you like 24 hours a day and they will put you through. Or you can use the phone’s keypad to dial the numbers yourself if you prefer.
You get 600 minutes each month, but if you do run close to the limit Fuss Free Phones will call and warn you. Additional minutes are 25p each and when Fuss Free Phones call they'll discuss how many you might need. You will never be charged without Fuss Free Phones asking you first.
Free No Nuisance Calls service
Because Fuss Free Phones has your trusted callers list, you can opt to only receive calls from the numbers on your list. The call centre answers any other calls.
Easy to text
Text messages sent either from your Fuss Free handset or through the telephonists are unlimited. Fuss Free Phones can send text messages for you.
No contract or surprise calls
You are not tied to a lengthy contract. If you need to cancel we’ll make that as painless as possible.
What options are available?
There are 2 subscription options available; they both include 600 minutes each month, unlimited text messages and the No Nuisance Calls service. (Prices are for the service only. The cost of the phone is not included in the prices listed below)
- 1 month: £20.83 for one month period (ex VAT)
- 12 months: £179.00 for twelve months when paid in full at the beginning of the service period (ex VAT)
Fuss Free Phones will contact you before the end of your first subscription period to see if you would like to renew your subscription.
Special order You are buying a special order product which is being configured for your use, this means the phone is a bespoke product and it is non-returnable unless faulty. Customers can however cancel the Fuss Free Phone telephonist service if required.
We are working in partnership with Fuss Free Phones who will be delivering the product on our behalf. We will pass on your contact information to Fuss Free Phones to enable delivery. They will also communicate with you directly to set up the phone.
- This product will be delivered within 10 days.
- The phone is non-returnable unless faulty. This is because the Fuss Free Phone service number is added to the phone before dispatch making this a bespoke order.
The Doro 6520 comes with a practical charging cradle. The charging cradle relieves the need to insert the cable into the phone each time you wish to charge, making damaging the sockets and connectors less likely to occur. The cradle charges your phone in approximately 90 minutes.
- Clamshell mobile with large 2.8" Screen
- Talking keypad (numbers only)
- Extra loud and clear sound
- Hearing Aid Compatible
- Assistance Button
- 2 mega pixel camera
- 4 one touch speed dials
- Internet enabled
- Network: 3G
- Micro-sim required
- Charging cradle
- Standby time: up to 380 hours
- Talk time: up to 8 hours
- Size: H56 x L104 x W20mm (2.21” x 4.1” x 0.79”)
- Weight: 108g (3.81oz)
- 12 month warranty
For downloadable instructions, please use this link Product Instructions (Word doc )
- Additional information on Fuss Free phones is available using this link
- This product is only available to buy in the UK.
- IMPORTANT: Customer contact details are securely passed onto Fuss Free Phones in order to set up the service onto the phone. Any queries, please contact RNIB helpline. Fuss Free Phones will contact you by phone towards the end of your subscription period to enquire whether you would like to continue or extend your subscription. If so, they will arrange payment directly between yourself and Fuss Free Phones.
- Please note: This service provides a new number on a new sim card that must be used with this phone. Your old sim card and number cannot be used.
- Please note: The phone is non-returnable unless faulty. This is because the Fuss Free Phone service number is added to the phone before dispatch making this a bespoke order.
- This bespoke product may take up to 10 working days to be received. Fuss Free Phones will contact you to confirm you have received the phone and guide you through the initial setup process.
- For additional information, please use this link Additional information (Word doc )
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.