This talking watch announces both the time and date in RNIB’s natural English, male voice. Just press the top button to hear the time and the bottom button to hear the date.
It is radio controlled, which means it receives a signal from the radio transmitter, which enables the time and date to set and regularly update automatically. This is particularly useful when the clocks change in the spring and the autumn, and therefore means you should never have to change the time manually unless out of the signal range.
You can set your watch to receive either the UK, Germany, USA or Japan (60 KHz) time signals. When you select a new country the watch will adjust to the local time.
If you are outside of the UK, Germany, USA or Japan and cannot receive a signal you can also set up the time manually.
This watch also features an alarm and/or hourly announcement. It is fitted with a black leather strap. The watch case measures 4cm in diameter.
This watch is available with either a black leather strap (CW135), a metallic bracelet strap (CW135BR), or a metallic expanding strap (CW135EXP).
- Natural English, male voice
- Case dimensions: 40 mm diameter
- White face with black hands and numbers
- This watch has two raised buttons and two recessed buttons
- Announces time and date
- Optional alarm and hourly announcement
- This watch is not water resistant
- This watch uses a CR2032 type battery (RNIB product code BAT05). It is highly recommended that only trained jewellers or watch specialists should fit new batteries to avoid any damage to the watch
- RNIB does not guarantee batteries or watch straps
- You will receive this watch in power saving mode, meaning there will be no speech or watch movement until it is activated.
- Sighted assistance may be required to activate the watch before first use
- After replacing your watch battery, or following a sudden shock to your watch, it may be necessary to re-synchronise the hands and speech
- For downloadable instructions, please use this link Product Instructions (Word doc )
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.