Simply record your own voice onto the self-adhesive labels and attach them to a wide range of everyday items. When you need to identify the item, simply place the PenFriend onto the item and it will scan and play back your audio recording!
Use it to label:
- Food items - Including freezer food with use by dates and cooking instructions.
- Shopping - Label items as they go into your basket so you know where to store them when you get home.
- You could also label the name and genre of DVDS and CDs.
- Medicine names and instructions.
- Paperwork and personal documents.
- Plus you can use our dedicated pack of washable laundry labels so you can co-ordinate your outfit for the day and ensure they are washed correctly by recording a label of washing instructions. (Three packs sold separately, product code DL98, DL97 and DL96, each pack containing 48 labels)
- 4GB internal memory - expandable by SD card up to 16GB (not supplied)
- Supplied with 127 mixed size and coloured labels; small round, large round, large square yellow, large square orange. You also receive 3 magnetic recordable discs, ideal for use on tins. 2 x AAA batteries included.
Items supplied with the PENfriend2
- 1 x PENfriend2 labelling PEN
- 127 x mixed sized labels (small round, large round, large square in yellow and orange)
- 3 x magnetic recordable badges (1 hour recording per badge) for cans
- 1 x lanyard
- 1 x storage box
If you have access to a Windows based computer you can backup and manage your recordings with the free Label Manager software. You will need a USB cable (not included) to access the Label Manager. This can be purchased from the RNIB (Product code: HT263)
SPECIAL WARNING: Changing the SD card requires a computer. Sighted assistance will be required for this process and for removing or replacing the SD card.
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.