Please contact our Helpline to order or for more information, 0303 123 9999. Orders cannot be placed online as this is a contract requiring direct debit payment.
We know that blind and partially sighted people want access to the same magazines, newspapers and books as their peers. We believe reading can make a world of difference, which is why we are excited to launch “RNIB In Your Pocket”.
We’ve created RNIB In Your Pocket by adapting a Samsung media player to bring you a dedicated reading device. Your monthly payment includes the device, a subscription to the whole of RNIB Newsagent and Talking Books. RNIB Newsagent has almost 200 titles, from daily newspapers to monthly magazines and Talking Books allows you access to over 25,000 books – all of which can be accessed via one voice command. You will also have access to libraries such as Project Gutenburg and Librivox.
RNIB In Your Pocket is easy to use, regardless of how tech-savvy you are. Initial users across a range of ages found it simple to use straight out of the box, with no need to configure settings.
With In Your Pocket, there’s no waiting for the postman. For example just say, “read me the Guardian” and In Your Pocket will oblige.
Samsung streaming device for RNIB Newsagent and Talking Books
Voice controlled navigation e.g. "Read me the Guardian"
Reads out your chosen book, newspaper or magazine
Includes Samsung technology, subscriptions to RNIB Newsagent and Talking Books, O2 connectivity with a capped, 3GB monthly, data allowance and RealSAM interactive speech software.
Includes lanyard and protective case (already fitted)
Size: H68 x L131 x W9mm (2.68" x 5.16" x 0.35")
Weight: 159g (5.6oz)
24 month warranty
- To check your O2 coverage, follow this link http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker
- 3GB gives approx. 119 hours per month, if streaming Talking Books or 4 hours per day. This is an estimate based on an average talking book.
- The device has to be purchased by someone over 18 years of age as they are signing up to a contract and direct debit. The device will contain all library and newsagent content and does not have a parental lock function or capability.
- For downloadable instructions, please use this link Product Instructions (Word doc )
- For downloadable terms and conditions, please use this link Terms and conditions (Word doc )
- Important note: To order or for more information, please contact our helpline; 0303 123 9999.
- Please note: The device will be delivered in 5 days and may take up to 48 hours to activate onto O2 network
- This is a £20 per month, 24 month contract for the device and connectivity on O2. This provides reliable Samsung technology, O2 connectivity (a 3GB monthly, capped data allowance and access to Wi-Fi), RealSAM interactive speech software and a subscription to RNIB Newsagent.
- The device can only be bought with the O2 contract.
- Data is capped, audible messages will be sent when you are reaching the limit. It isn’t possible to extend the data allowance. For extremely heavy use it is recommended that users connect to WiFi where possible.
- There is no overseas roaming, so no additional charges can be incurred.
- Wifi can be used if overseas but sighted assistance will be required to set up connection to a Wifi network for the first time.
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.
Write Your Own Review