This easy-to-use and easy-to-see fully talking smart phone can be controlled with either simple gestures or voice control.
The Synapptic software offers easy-to-follow menus, large high-contrast text, voice dicatation and clear speech feedback. Because all the Synapptic software features work in the same easy-to-use way, once you've mastered one feature, you've mastered them all, making it effortless to use this accessible smartphone.
Synapptic will provide an hour’s FREE telephone training with your order so you’re ready to go with your device.
- Samsung J5 mobile phone with five-inch screen
- Magnification: up to 20 times (20x)
- Dictate messages with voice recognition
- Hands-free control with voice commands
- One hour's FREE telephone training from Synapptic
- Smartphone features include email, internet, calendar, alarm clock, torch, internet radio, BBC iPlayer and notepad
- Direct Access feature makes it easy to switch back and forth between easy-to-use Synapptic and the advanced features of Android, with full speech feedback.
- Includes free USB Talking Book adaptor and 2 years of software updates
- SIM-free / unlocked (works with all networks)
- 13 megapixel camera
- Connectivity: Wifi, 3G, 4G, Bluetooth, PC Sync
- Memory: 16GB storage (expandable via SD Card), 2GB RAM
- Talk time: 21 hours
- Standby time: Up to one week
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- Phone size: 146.2mm x 71.3mm x 8mm (5.67 x 2.81 x 0.31 inches)
- Standard 3.5mm Headphone socket
Please note: The plug included requires you to lever out the third pin.
Though this phone is unlocked to all networks, it does come with a free pay-as-you-go SIM card, mobile number and £5 call, text and Internet credit. If you have an old phone, simply transfer the SIM to the new Synapptic phone - this will instantly transfer your old number, along with any existing credit or contract.
We work with partners to deliver products on our behalf. If you’re buying a special order product, we will pass on your contact information to our partners to enable delivery. We may also quote extended delivery times, outside of our standard terms and conditions for these products.
This product is returnable within 14 days of receipt in an “as new” condition in original, undamaged packaging.
We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging
Downloadable product instructions:
- Print instructions for HM79 (DOCX)
- Braille instructions for HM79 (BRF)
- Audio instructions for HM79 (ZIP)
Returns and warranty:
- 12-month warranty
- if returning as unsuitable, products must be returned in as new condition, with original undamaged packaging to be accepted.
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.