A second stage scheme for young learners to develop phonic skills, knowledge of braille contractions and word signs, as well as encouraging enjoyment of reading and writing.
The course takes the learner who has completed Hands On or Braille for Infants to the end of the contracted braille code (grade 2). This braille reading scheme has been produced in consultation with the VIEW Children's Braille Committee.
Each series is identified by the colour of the cover and tactile illustrations. A print version of the capitalised braille text appears on facing pages throughout to encourage shared reading at home and school.
- 12 series, 62 books in total and each contains a practice page and story.
- Series 1 to 6 have six books each.
- Series 7 and 8 have five books each.
- Series 9 to 12 have four books each books,
- Books in series 1 to 10 also include a "fun page" of activities to encourage braille writing.
- The teachers' handbook for must be ordered separately.
- Take Off does not introduce the uncontracted braille code, this is covered by the first stage scheme called Hands On.
- Includes braille capital letter sign.
- Braille for Infants, a first stage scheme, is no longer available.
- Braille series Take off
- Braille type Contracted braille (Grade 2)