Apple AirPods 2nd gen.APA01
Pair your Apple device with AirPods for an unparalleled wireless headphone experience. They’re ready to use with all your devices as soon as you take them out of their charging case – with one tap to set them up, just put them in your ears and be immersed in rich, high quality sound.
AirPods work with Siri, so you don’t have to fish your iPhone out of your bag or pocket to call a friend or get your favourite song playing. With Announce Messages, Siri can automatically speak your incoming messages as they arrive. You can also choose which contacts you hear from, and Siri won’t interrupt you if you’re on a call or sharing a song.
AirPods are powered by the Apple H1 headphone chip to deliver a faster and more stable wireless connection to your devices, whether that’s answering a call, listening to music, accessing Siri or playing games.
AirPods also sense when they’re in your ears to start audio immediately and will pause when you take them out. You can wear one or both AirPods, and control your music easily with a double tap. They sense when you’re talking too, and will filter out external noise and focus on the sound of your voice.
AirPods connect immediately, and switch seamlessly, between your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch. You can also share your audio with another set of AirPods simply by bringing them close to the iPhone or iPad you want to share with, and connecting with a tap.
Available with either a wireless or non-wireless charging case. If you select the wireless charging case you will need a Qi-certified charging mat (not available from RNIB).
You are currently viewing the listing for AirPods with a non-wireless charging case.
- AirPods (2nd generation).
- APA01-C Recharge via Lightning connector.
- APA01-WC Recharge via Qi-certified chargers or the Lightning connector.
- Bluetooth 5.0.
- Size (each): 40.5 × 16.5 × 18mm (1.59 × 0.65 × 0.71 inches).
- Weight (each): 4g (0.14oz).
- Case size: 53.5 × 44.3 × 21.3mm (2.11 × 1.74 × 0.84 inches).
- Case weight: 40g (1.41oz).
- Dual beamforming microphones.
- Dual optical sensors.
- Motion-detecting accelerometer.
- Speech-detecting accelerometer.
- H1 headphone chip.
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new AirPods. Features include: Live Listen audio.
- iPhone and iPod touch models with the latest version of iOS.
- iPad models with the latest version of iPadOS.
- Apple Watch models with the latest version of watchOS.
- Mac models with the latest version of macOS.
- Apple TV models with the latest version of tvOS.
To recharge, simply put the AirPods in the charging case.
- Charging the case: To recharge the case, just plug in the Lightning to USB cable. An LED indicator on the front of the case lets you know the case is charging. A full charge takes one hour.
- Charging the AirPods: Just 15 minutes in the charging case will give you up to three hours’ listening time (or two hours’ talk time). On a full charge (25 minutes), you get up to five hours’ listening time and three hours’ talk time. The charging case holds enough charge to power your AirPods for more than 24 hours’ listening time.
- Checking the battery: Hold the AirPods next to your iPhone or ask Siri “How’s the battery on my AirPods”. And when your AirPods need charging, a notification conveniently appears on your iPhone.
AirPods and the environment
- Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact.
- AirPods are designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact: Brominated flame retardant-free; PVC-free; Beryllium-free.
RNIB Technology Support
For information or advice on technology that will be suitable for your needs, please contact our team on 0303 123 9999 and speak to one of our advisors within the Sight Loss Advice Service.
In the box
- Charging case (not wireless).
- Lightning to USB-A cable.
- Documentation (small font size).
We work with partners to deliver products on our behalf. If you’re buying a special order product, we will pass on your contact information to our partners to enable delivery. We may also quote extended delivery times, outside of our standard terms and conditions for these products. Due to issues in Apple's supply chain, delivery could take four to six weeks.
Important – warranty and returns
- One-year warranty.
- You must notify us within 14 days of receipt if you wish to return the unopened AirPods as unsuitable.
- This product is non-returnable, unless faulty, once the seal has been broken/removed on the Apple packaging.
Important - order cancellations and returns
We are unable to cancel your order once it has been placed. Should you change your mind about this special order product, you will need to accept the delivery and then contact RNIB Helpline to arrange its return; guidance on how to do this can be found in our Returns Policy.
SKU Code: APA01-C
- Charging option Charging case
- Colour White