The Colorino Colour Identifier & Light Detector fits easily into the palm of your hand and it’s very easy to use.
It discerns and clearly announces up to 150 shadings - not just red, for example, but pale red, light red, dark red, as well as intense red. You just need to press the button closest to the speaker while holding the wide end of the unit firmly against any object, and you'll hear the exact colour spoken aloud in a clear, male English voice.
The second button activates the built-in light probe. Colorino can detect the presence of light and indicate the intensity and the proximity of light with various acoustic signals:
- A high tone detects that the source of light is intense or very near.
- A low tone detects that the source of light is weak or far away.
- A siren-like sound detects artificial light.
- Discerns and clearly announces up to 150 colour shades
- Detects presence of light, its proximity and intensity
- Clear male English voice
- Three volume levels: low, medium and high.
- Earphone jack for private listening. Please note: earphones are not supplied.
- The unit switches off automatically after approximately 30 seconds.
- Requires two AAA batteries (not included – Product code BAT03)
- Unit measures aprox. 10 x 5 cm
- Make sure the Colorino is pointing completely straight on to the clothing and not leaning to one side to get an accurate reading
- Works best on dense material, but if you have light-weight fabric, fold it over a few times to make sure no light can shine through
- If you have dirt on the sensor, clean very carefully with a cotton swab
Downloadable product instructions:
Standard delivery times
For items we keep in stock at our warehouse, we make every effort to deliver your order within five working days. However if you've not received your goods within seven working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you.
Covid-19 measures: our warehouse and special order suppliers are still operating and dispatching orders at this time. However, please be aware that Royal Mail and couriers are under increased pressure and their delivery timescales may be extended. Your order may take a few extra days to reach you.
We work with partners to deliver products on our behalf. We will pass on your contact information to be able to deliver the product effectively. Whilst delivery is usually within seven days, it may take up to six weeks.
Articles for the Blind scheme
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under Royal Mail's "Articles for the Blind" scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. Therefore we have to use alternative delivery methods, such as courier and Royal Mail services, for higher value orders.
Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a "dispatch note" with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within seven working days of receiving the order) about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.
- Additional Information