Braille Sense U2 MINI may look a lot like its predecessor on the outside, but don’t let that fool you – it’s packed with new features and upgraded hardware on the inside.
Features and highlights
- Rapid data processing from a 1 Ghz Mobile CPU.
- Windows-based operating system with familiar controls and file system.
- YouTube™ streaming for accessing educational videos and finding homework help.
- Excel™ Viewer for navigating complex spreadsheets at work, or for completing math and career training in an education setting (supports XLS and XLSX file types).
- RSS Reader for fast access to content school website content, news feeds and podcasts.
- Twitter™ for easy access to the most popular social media platform for those who are blind or partially sighted.
- Built-in GPS and Compass for exploring your surroundings and providing directions and turn-by-turn navigation. (GPS map data is an optional add-on).
- Best-in-class Word Processor that supports more file types than other notetakers, including uncontracted and contracted braille support with TXT, RTF, DOC, DOCX, BRL, BRF, HBL, PDF and EPUB.
- Built-in DAISY Player that supports DAISY 2.0/2.02, ANSI/NISO Z39.86 (DAISY 3.0), NIMAS, NLS, Bookshare.org and Learning Ally (formerly RFB&D).
- Built-in Media Player that supports WAV, MP3, MP4, ASF, OGG, WMA, M3U, Audible (AA, AAX), WMV, FLAC and MID.
- External media controls for easy access without entering media player application.
- Audio recording in MP3 and WAV with adjustable bit and sample rates – Using the built-in microphone or external audio device via the microphone jack.
- Easy configuration of IMAP and POP3 email accounts and full automatic translation that allows emails to be written in contracted braille but read in standard text by sighted recipients, and it also allows braille users to read any emails written to them in contracted braille.
- Online help available in every application, making the Braille Sense U2 MINI easy to learn.
- All the little extras our customers know and love including an address manager, schedule manager, scientific calculator, database manager, alarm clock, stop watch, sleep timer, and more.
- Braille display: 18 cell.
- Keyboard type: Perkins.
- Internal memory: 32GB.
- Video output: VGA Output or optional LCD Display.
- Ports: One USB OTG, one SD Card.
- Navigation: Built-in GPS receiver, electronic compass, Google Maps.
- Battery: Approximately nine hours use, three hours charge time.
- Warranty: Two years - limited parts and labour.
- Dimensions in cm: W17, D9 H3.
- Manufacturer: HIMS.
Standard delivery times
For items we keep in stock at our warehouse, we make every effort to deliver your order within five working days. However if you've not received your goods within seven working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you.
Covid-19 measures: our warehouse and special order suppliers are still operating and dispatching orders at this time. However, please be aware that Royal Mail and couriers are under increased pressure and their delivery timescales may be extended. Your order may take a few extra days to reach you.
We work with partners to deliver products on our behalf. We will pass on your contact information to be able to deliver the product effectively. Whilst delivery is usually within seven days, it may take up to six weeks.
Articles for the Blind scheme
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under Royal Mail's "Articles for the Blind" scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. Therefore we have to use alternative delivery methods, such as courier and Royal Mail services, for higher value orders.
Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a "dispatch note" with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within seven working days of receiving the order) about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.
- Additional Information