This tactile, braille measuring gauge fits over the rim of our easy-to-see measuring jug (part of DK152), allowing you to measure liquids by touch.
The tactile measuring gauge is made of high temperature-resistant, food grade polypropylene and is designed to be fitted over the rim of the jug with the gauge on the inside. Liquids can then be measured by touch using the tactile and braille markings for millilitres on one side and fluid ounces on the other. (To change which measure is used, remove the gauge from the clip, rotate it and reattach.)
To use the gauge, simply place your finger on the mark that represents the measuring capacity you wish to add to the jug and pour the ingredients into the jug until you feel the ingredient touch your finger. Please do not use this method when adding very hot liquids or ingredients.
The tactile measuring gauge is microwave- and dishwasher-safe.
- Tactile, braille measuring gauge for use with easy-to-see measuring jug (part of DK152).
- Tactile and braille markings for millilitres and fluid ounces.
- Using millilitres measurement: the measure has single dots for the 50ml increments, and solid horizontal lines for the 100ml markings.
- Using fluid ounce measurement: the measure has single dots marking 2 fl oz increments, and solid horizontal lines for 4 fl oz increments.
- Material: High temperature-resistant, food grade polypropylene.
- Microwave- and dishwasher-safe.
- Size (including clip): 10 × 4 × 1.8cm (4 × 1.5 × 0.7 inches).
- Weight of jug: 13g (0.45oz).
- Please be aware that the measuring gauge does move freely, so it may move during pouring. A forefinger touching the measuring gauge during pouring is a safe way to reduce its movement.
- This product is dishwasher-safe; however, it is recommended to hand wash in warm soapy water as dishwashers will gradually erode the markings and the surface may become scratched.
Non-returnable due to hygiene reasons, unless faulty, or unopened and returned within 14 days in a sellable condition.
This item is eligible for VAT exemption