Use the Focus 40 Blue with BrailleIn™ to enter contracted Braille, switch to display modes such as structured and line mode, or perform all keyboard commands for complete control of your PC. The comfort and response of the refined Perkins-style keyboard permits hours of effortless Braille text input.
Advanced navigation features allow quick movement around documents with natural, efficient hand movements for greater productivity. Read documents and e-mail, work with spreadsheets, and surf the Web – never moving your hands from the Braille display.
Technical Specifications Include:
- 40 8-dot cell keyboard display
- Freedom Scientific’s exclusive NAV Rockers let you rapidly scroll by line, sentence, or paragraph, or pan through a document
- Front panel selector buttons can be used in combination with panning buttons, rocker bars, and cursor router keys to select a block of text, page up or down, or move to the beginning or end of a document
- Two front-mounted thumb keys for panning
- Two rocker bars for line up/down
- Two Selector keys
- Two Shift key
- Select your personal Braille firmness with VariBraille
- When used with JAWS, the Focus 40 Blue supports our popular Braille Study Mode, an interactive tool for teaching and learning Braille
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides 20 hours of typical use
- Compatible with JAWS, Window-Eyes,SuperNova, Mobile Speak, TALKS, Apple devices and Android
- A Perkins-style keyboard provides you with a logical, structured interface to issue navigation, Windows, and JAWS commands without removing your hands from the display, including BrailleIn™ that allows you to enter contracted Braille directly into many applications from the Focus 40 Blue.
- 2 Year Warranty
Special order We work with partners to deliver products on our behalf. If you’re buying a special order product, we will pass on your contact information to our partners to enable delivery. We may also quote extended delivery times, outside of our standard terms and conditions for these products.
These products are returnable within 14 days of receipt in an “as new” condition in original, undamaged packaging.
We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging.
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.