This product has a talking function and speaks in a natural male English voice. Press the raised button once to hear the time and twice to hear the date.
The watch has a radio controlled time setting function, meaning that you won't need to manually amend the time when you first use it, or for daylight savings.
It has an alarm and optional hourly announcement and is fitted with a silver metallic expanding bracelet strap.The watch face measures 3.5cm in diameter.
Please note: RNIB does not guarantee batteries or watch straps.
- Natural English, male voice
- Case dimensions: 35 mm diameter
- This watch has one raised button and one recessed button
- Metallic strap
- White face, black numbers and black hands
- Announces time and date
- Optional alarm and hourly announcement
- This watch is not water resistant
- This watch uses a CR2032 type battery. It is highly recommended that only trained jewellers or watch specialists should fit new batteries to avoid any damage to the watch
- RNIB does not guarantee batteries or watch straps
- You will receive this watch in power saving mode, meaning there will be no speech or watch movement until it is activated.
- Sighted assistance may be required to activate the watch before first use
- After replacing your watch battery, or following a sudden shock to your watch, it may be necessary to re-synchronise the hands and speech
- Following battery replacement it will be necessary to reset the watch. Please refer to the product instructions.
- There is no "Day talking" function after a new battery has been installed until it gets a first radio signal update.
- For downloadable instructions, please use this link Product Instructions (Word doc )
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.