The Colorino Colour Identifier & Light Detector fits easily into the palm of your hand and it’s very easy to use.
It discerns and clearly announces up to 150 shadings - not just red, for example, but pale red, light red, dark red, as well as intense red. You just need to press the button closest to the speaker while holding the wide end of the unit firmly against any object, and you'll hear the exact colour spoken aloud in clear, male English voice.
The second button activates the built-in light probe. Colorino can detect the presence of light and indicate the intensity and the proximity of light with various acoustic signals:
- A high tone detects that the source of light is intense or very near.
- A low tone detects that the source of light is weak or far away.
- A siren-like sound detects artificial light.
- Discerns and clearly announces up to 150 colour shades
- Detects presence of light, its proximity and intensity
- Clear male English voice
- Three volume levels: low, medium and high.
- Earphone jack for private listening. Please note: earphones are not supplied.
- The unit switches off automatically after approximately 30 seconds.
- Requires two AAA batteries (not included – Product code BAT03)
- Unit measures aprox. 10 x 5 cm
- For downloadable instructions, please use this link Product Instructions (Word doc )
- Energizer Max AAA Alkaline 4pk (BAT03)
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.