This light can be used in two ways: as a light box, and as a desk lamp.
Desk lamp position
The light box easily transforms into a multi-position desk lamp just by raising the LED light box surface from its rest position. In this position it provides a large illumination area. It also offers two storage areas in the base with nine compartments to hold pencils, magnifiers, etc.
Light box position
The LED lit, slanted surface measures 248mm x 200mm and produces bright, even white light. It can facilitate a broad range of tasks by increasing the contrast, detail and visibility in documents, artwork, fabric, patterns etc. And because of the way the light is dispersed, it eliminates dark or hot spots.
It provides the quality of natural daylight indoors which:
- Reduces glare and eyestrain so you can do what you love, for longer
- Helps you to see details more clearly
- Shows colours more accurately
- This product is energy efficient. Its LEDs have 3 brightness settings yet are rated to last up to 40,000 hours.
- This lamp is compact which makes it easy to store; perfect for saving space and portable to suit your environment.
- Convenient removable upper storage tray that keeps tools and supplies within reach
- Mains powered: UK adaptor in place and EU adaptor included
- Lux measurement at 30cm: 1310
- Lumens: 583
- Task Lamp Height: adjusts 117 – 343mm (4.63” to 13.5”)
- Task Lamp Base: 318 x 229mm (12.5” x 9”)
- Light Box Height: 117mm (4.63”)
- Light Box Base: 368 x 368mm (14.5” x 14.5”)
- Lighted surface diagonal: 314mm (12.38”)
- Lux at 30cm:
- Weight: 3.878kg (8.5lbs)
- Warranty: 24 months
- Includes tightening tool for the pivot points on the arms. Over time, the hinges may loosen slightly; remove the grey, plastic caps, tighten using the tool and replace the caps. Use as normal.
What makes OttLite lighting different?
All Ottlite lamps emit a naturally balanced spectrum similar to natural daylight – the optimal condition for seeing everything clearly and comfortably.
OttLite provides a precise balance of contrast and brightness that allows you to see details clearly and colours accurately. The eye can see and focus without the harsh glare, distortion and fatigue other light sources could cause.
Benefits of using an Ottlite lamp:
- Reduced glare and minimised eye strain
- Clear, natural daylight illumination
- High contrast for fine details and print
- Excellent colour rendering (CRI of 90+)
- Even, balanced light disbursement
- OttLite CFL bulbs are rated to last up to 10,000 hours
- Ottlite LED lights are tested to last up to 40,000 hours
- For downloadable instructions, please use this link Product Instructions (Word doc )
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.