Nimble is a one-finger package opener that looks like a rubber thimble. The thimble has a very small zirconia ceramic blade that cuts through plastic and paper easily, but it can’t cause serious injury like scissors or knives.
'Nimble’ lets you quickly, easily and safely open plastic and paper packaging with just a swipe of your finger. Place the item to be cut on a cutting surface, then simply place on your finger and slide across the item's surface that needs opening or cutting. The Nimble uses raised, tactile internal bumps to help orientate it onto your finger the right way around.
Important: Avoid direct and indirect contact with skin. Nimble is not a a toy; children must be supervised at all times using this product.
- Thimble shaped cutting tool
- Ideal for cutting packaging, opening letters and more
- Ceramic blade lasts longer than steel
- Simple to orientate using raised internal bumps
- Brightly coloured to make it easier to find
- Compact and portable
- Cut on paper, plastic or cardboard only
- Size: H31 x L39 x W23mm (1.22” x 1.54” x 0.9”)
- Weight: 6g (0.2oz)
- 12 month warranty
- For downloadable instructions, please use this link Product Instructions (Word doc )
- Important note: The blade isn’t covered under warranty if the product is used to cut on or against a surface not suitable for purpose. This is any material that isn’t made from paper, plastic or cardboard. Such unsuitable materials include metal, ceramic (e.g. dinner plates), stone (e.g. granite worktops) and glass.
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.