The fifth generation of the Focus Blue braille display is more rugged and stronger than ever. With the housing from aluminum and steel, added bumpers to absorb shock, and physically isolated the braille cells, this braille display is created to meet the demands of the active user.The Focus Blue combines comfort, portability, and advanced features for the ultimate go-anywhere Braille interface device. A highly responsive eight-dot keyboard and seamless USB-C and Bluetooth® 4.1 connectivity make the Focus Blue the ideal note-taking companion for smartphones, iPads®, tablets and other mobile devices.The Scratchpad feature lets you take notes and read books even when you aren't connected.
- Eight-dot braille keyboard
- Seamless braille with a more crisp and uniform feel
- Compact and durable - designed for portability
- Convenient front panel controls and customizable NAV rockers
- Our exclusive NAV Rockers let you rapidly scroll by line, sentence, paragraph, or pan through a document
- Menu button, conveniently centered above the cursor router buttons, for quick access to calendar, clock, Bluetooth connections, and more
- Built-in Scratchpad with BRF Book Reader
- Micro SD Card up to 32 GB
- Select your personal braille firmness with VariBraille
- USB-C micro connector - always right-side-up to reduce wear and tear
- Charge battery via USB
- Unique use-in carrying case
Compatibility and connectivity features
- Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity - switch between five Bluetooth devices and one USB connection
- Out-of-the box compatibility with Apple® iOS 11 and Android devices
- Use with JAWS for combined speech and braille access
- Use with JAWS for Braille Study Mode to learn and teach braille
- Works with JAWS BrailleIn™ for contracted braille input and full control in Windows®
- Eight-dot braille keyboard
Standard delivery times
For items we keep in stock at our warehouse, we make every effort to deliver your order within five working days. However if you've not received your goods within seven working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you.
Covid-19 measures: our warehouse and special order suppliers are still operating and dispatching orders at this time. However, please be aware that Royal Mail and couriers are under increased pressure and their delivery timescales may be extended. Your order may take a few extra days to reach you.
We work with partners to deliver products on our behalf. We will pass on your contact information to be able to deliver the product effectively. Whilst delivery is usually within seven days, it may take up to six weeks.
Articles for the Blind scheme
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under Royal Mail's "Articles for the Blind" scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. Therefore we have to use alternative delivery methods, such as courier and Royal Mail services, for higher value orders.
Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a "dispatch note" with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within seven working days of receiving the order) about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.
- Additional Information