This portable video magnifier puts crystal clear, high-definition magnification. The large seven-inch screen offers two to 24 times continuous zoom magnification (2x to 24x). Use the built-in tilt stand to read books, newspapers and letters. The clear five-megapixel, auto-focus camera has a large depth of field, so can be up to 15cm away from the page or object and remain in focus.
The unique PivotCam camera rotates, offering viewing modes for spotting, reading, writing, enjoying hobbies and distance viewing. The device also has a mirror-image self-view. To view video on a larger screen, you can connect the unit to an HDTV or monitor using the supplied HDMI cable.
This magnifier is easy-to-learn and to use, with colour coded tactile buttons and 20 high-contrast colour viewing modes to find your most comfortable reading combination; these include full colour, black on white, white on black, yellow on blue and yellow on black. You can also add a reading line or mask to help locate and maintain your place. The reading line is a horizontal line that displays on the screen, while the reading mask blocks part of the screen to show a horizontal slice of the screen.
The image capture feature means you can freeze an image at arms-length and then bring the screen closer to read; perfect for checking price tags, noticeboards or timetables. You can save up to 100 images for future reference or transfer to your computer with a USB cable.
The Ruby XL HD has a built-in rechargeable battery that takes approximately four hours to fully charge. On a full charge you can continually use the magnifier for about four hours; when the battery is low the battery indictor LED flashes red.
- Large vibrant seven-inch widescreen LCD.
- Continuous zoom with 2x to 24x magnification.
- PivotCam five-megapixel rotating camera.
- Lightweight design at 18 ounces (510g).
- Built-in LED lighting; can be turned off to avoid glare when viewing reflective surfaces.
- 20 high-contrast colour viewing modes.
- Store up to 100 images; send to your computer via the USB port.
- Fast reading with no blur.
- Freeze frame with adjustable magnification and panning button for still images.
- Built-in reading stand.
- HDMI port to connect to your TV.
- Reading line and masks to help keep your place.
- Supplied with rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, carry case, HDMI cable and microfibre lens cloth.
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery.
- Four hours continuous use.
Standard colour modes
- Full colour, black on white, white on black, yellow on blue, yellow on black.
Configurable colour modes
- Black on yellow, green on black, black on green, white on blue, black on blue, blue on black, blue on yellow, red on black, black on red, amber on black, black on amber, violet on black, black on violet, red on white, black on light blue.
- Display: 17.78cm (7 inches), widescreen LCD 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Dimensions: 25cm by 30cm by 20.3cm (10 by 11.81 by 8 inches).
- 24-month manufacturer's warranty.
Downloadable product instructions
Standard delivery times
For items we keep in stock at our warehouse, we make every effort to deliver your order within five working days. However if you've not received your goods within seven working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you.
Covid-19 measures: our warehouse and special order suppliers are still operating and dispatching orders at this time. However, please be aware that Royal Mail and couriers are under increased pressure and their delivery timescales may be extended. Your order may take a few extra days to reach you.
We work with partners to deliver products on our behalf. We will pass on your contact information to be able to deliver the product effectively. Whilst delivery is usually within seven days, it may take up to six weeks.
Articles for the Blind scheme
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under Royal Mail's "Articles for the Blind" scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. Therefore we have to use alternative delivery methods, such as courier and Royal Mail services, for higher value orders.
Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a "dispatch note" with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within seven working days of receiving the order) about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.
- Additional Information