Lightweight and made of aluminium, the four sections of this 85cm deafblind symbol cane are joined by an elastic cord that runs through the centre. This means that you can unfold and use it immediately.
- Length: 85cm (34 inches).
- Colour: red and white.
- Sections: four.
- Tip: pencil tip, hook-style
- Cane material: aluminium.
- Cord material: double elastic.
- Joints: flared.
- Weight: 0.125kg.
- Ambutech pencil tip, hook-style (MP27).
Caring for your cane:
- clean the joints regularly with a wet cloth
- do not use the cane if there is evidence of fraying of the elastic cord
- check for excessive wear of the cane tips and replace when necessary.
Symbol canes are intended to be used only to indicate sight loss. For this reason, they are not designed with the required strength to be used as mobility aids and certainly not for support. The main purpose of a deafblind symbol cane is to draw the attention of the public to the fact that the user has a degree of sight and hearing loss.
- 70cm (28 inches) Ambutech deafblind symbol cane (MS40)
- 100cm (40 inches) Ambutech deafblind symbol cane (MS42)
- 105cm (42 inches) Ambutech deafblind symbol cane (MS43).
Returns and warranty:
- 12-months warranty for manufaturing faults.
- For downloadable instructions, please use this link Product Instructions (Word doc)
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.
- Additional Information