Accessible newsagent, library and information delivered to your pocket, now with phone calls and texts.
Reading and communicating can make a world of difference to your enjoyment of life, which is why we’re excited to support In Your Pocket – a portable media device and smart phone for blind and partially sighted people, brought to you by RNIB, RealSAM and O2.
Designed to make reading the latest newspapers, magazines and books easier, In Your Pocket features a new Doro device, with large buttons and a great speaker for quality sound, O2 connectivity, and RealSAM interactive speech software. It also comes with a subscription to RNIB Newsagent, access to RNIB Talking Books, as well as podcasts, weather, and location information. Combine this with unlimited UK phone calls and texts, and you have an unbeatable package at just £22 (composite VAT) per month for a contract term of 24 months, or a one off payment of £528 (composite VAT). Call the dedicated In Your Pocket help line to order on: 0333 772 7708.
In Your Pocket is totally voice controlled, making it easy-to-use, fuss-free and great for listening on-the-go. You can get reading right away, without the need for a computer or downloads. You will always have access to the latest editions of newspapers, magazines and podcasts, wherever and whenever you want to listen.
With In Your Pocket, there’s no waiting for the postman. Just say “Read me The Guardian”, or “Find books about gardening”, or “Play me The Archers”, and In Your Pocket will oblige. You can also access other useful information, for example “What is the weather in Cambridge?”, or “What is the time in Paris?”. Asking “Where am I?” tells you your current location, along with the nearest street intersection.
Using the phone could not be simpler, push a button and say, “add a contact for James Bond”, or, “call Miss Moneypenny”, or, “text Felix what time shall we meet?”.
RNIB Newsagent provides daily, weekly and monthly newspapers and magazines, and the RNIB Library provides you with access to over 25,000 Talking Books. In Your Pocket lets you access all of these on demand, along with over 50,000 podcasts from BBC, RNIB, TED Talks and much more. New sources of media are being added regularly, so you will always have new content to listen to.
To access the Be My Eyes Vision Assistant, just say “Be My Eyes”. You phone’s camera, microphone and speaker will then connect with one of over a million volunteers around the world who is there to help you with any vision task, from sorting socks to sorting out appointments.
- Check your coverage using the O2 coverage checker website
- 3GB gives approx. 119 hours per month, if streaming Talking Books for four hours per day. This is an estimate based on an average talking book.
- The device has to be purchased by someone over 18 years of age as they are signing up to a contract and Direct Debit. The device will contain all RNIB Library and RNIB Newsagent content and does not have a parental lock function or capability.
- Downloadable instructions are available.
- Download the terms and conditions.
- Please note: The device will be delivered in five days and may take up to 48 hours to activate onto the O2 network.
- This is a £22 composite VAT per month, 24 month contract for the device and connectivity on O2. Can also be purchased in a single payment of £528 composite VAT. This provides reliable technology, O2 connectivity (a 3GB monthly, capped data allowance and access to Wi-Fi), RealSAM interactive speech software and a subscription to RNIB Newsagent.
- The device can only be bought with the O2 contract.
- Data is capped, audible messages will be sent when you are reaching the limit. It isn’t possible to extend the data allowance. For extremely heavy use it is recommended that users connect to WiFi where possible.
- The device can roam on the mobile network within Europe, this is included in the contract, and can connect to WiFi anywhere internationally.
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.
- Additional Information