This high-quality talking watch announces the time at the touch of a button – or when you touch or tap the touch-sensitive glass. It has a Swiss movement for excellent time-keeping, synchronised voice and hands, adjustable volume and no recessed buttons.
To hear the time in a natural voice, simply press one of the two easy-to-feel pusher buttons, tap the glass twice or touch the glass for half a second. You can use fingers, or, if you have one hand occupied, for example, with a cane or guide dog, your cheek to activate the voice.
Easy-to-use, the hands on these watches automatically synchronise to the internal time set, so there is no need to manually set the hands or to rely on someone else to help you. A spoken menu guides you if you need to set the time or date, and if you want to set an alarm. (The watch also has a snooze function.)
This large, contemporary talking watch has a gold-finished case; clear white face, with bold, contrasting black hands and numbers; and is completed with a tan-coloured leather strap.
It has an easy-to-see face and speaks the time in a natural female voice when the ‘talk time button’ (at two o’clock) is pressed or the touch-glass is activated. For example, “It’s eleven twenty am”.
Please note that you need to touch a large area of the glass surface for touch activation to work, for example, a whole fingertip or your cheek. Tapping it with just the tip of a fingertip may not activate the touch glass. The touch glass works best when the watch is on a wrist, but not so well if it’s on a table, for example.
Press the ‘talk date’ button at the four o’clock position to hear the date (for example, “Friday, July 9th, 2021”) and to adjust the volume (high/low).
The watch has a quartz Swiss movement with a metal gear and no second hand to ensure faster synchronisation of voice and hands. Because it only has two hands, for hour and minute, synchronisation of voice and hands is much faster than conventional movements with three hands.
24K pure gold is applied to the case using Ion Plating (IP), a technique which creates a hard-wearing and durable gold finish. Compared to traditional gold plating, IPG lasts longer, is more durable and more resistant against sweat, and it doesn’t discolour within a short period of time. When ion plating is combined with chrome, the result is a durable piece that withstands the rigours of daily use.
Available in four colour options. You are currently viewing the gold-finished case with tan leather strap.
- Talking watch with tan-coloured leather strap with steel buckle.
- Gold-finished chrome case.
- Easy-to-see clear white face with bold, contrasting black hands and numbers.
- Time and date announced in a natural voice at the press of a button or by touching the glass case.
- Two easy-to-feel pusher buttons; no recessed buttons or crown.
- Synchronised hands and voice.
- Spoken menus talk you through setting time, date, alarm, and volume.
- Snooze function.
- Nickel-free case with stainless steel case back.
- Case size: 42mm diameter (1.65 inches).
- Minimum wrist size: 160mm (6.3 inches).
- Maximum wrist size: 210mm (8.27 inches).
- Weight: 60g (2.12oz).
- Two-year guarantee.
Batteries and strap
- RNIB does not guarantee batteries or watch straps.
- The expanding strap have an easy-to-use adjusting link – just flick open the cover over the link and slide the strap to your chosen position and click the cover closed.
- Supplied with a CR2032 battery fitted.
- We recommend that only trained jewellers or watch specialists fit new batteries to avoid any damage to the watch.
- When you first receive the watch, it will be in silent mode to preserve battery life. To activate the watch voice you must hold the button at two o’clock for five seconds until it announces the set time.
- If the sound becomes quiet or distorted, or the hands fail to move properly, please replace the battery using a professional jeweller.
- This watch is not water-resistant.
- This watch is not radio-controlled.
- When not in use, store your watch in a clean, dry, soft container, ideally in the original box you will receive it in.
- Wipe clean with a dry, soft cloth after wear.
This item is eligible for VAT exemption.
SKU Code: CW265-T
- Clock and watch features Alarm, Date announcement
- Clock and watch type Talking
- Colour option Brown