RNIB talking watch - small, silver and yellowCW254-Y
This high-quality talking watch announces the time at the touch of a button – or when you touch the glass for two seconds. It has a Swiss movement for excellent time-keeping, synchronised voice and hands, adjustable volume and no recessed buttons.
To hear the time in a natural voice, simply press one of the two easy-to-feel pusher buttons or touch the glass for two seconds. You can use fingers, or, if you have one hand occupied, for example, with a cane or guide dog, your cheek to activate the voice.
Easy-to-use, the hands on these watches automatically synchronise to the internal time set, so there is no need to manually set the hands or to rely on someone else to help you. A spoken menu guides you if you need to set the time or date, and if you want to set an alarm.
This small, contemporary talking watch has a chrome case; clear white face, with bold contrasting black hands and numbers; and is completed with a yellow soft silicone strap.
It has an easy-to-see face and touch-glass activation – simply touch the glass for two seconds, or press the easy-to-feel pusher button at the 2pm position, to hear the time spoken in a natural female voice. For example, “It’s eleven twenty am”.
Press the button at the 4pm position to hear the date (for example, “Friday, July 9th, 2021”), to adjust the volume (high/low), or to set an alarm.
The watch has a quartz Swiss movement with a metal gear and no second hand to ensure faster synchronisation of voice and hands. Because it only has two hands, for hour and minute, synchronisation of voice and hands it much faster than conventional movements with three hands.
These talking watches announce the time and date at the touch of a button. Time is also announced by touching the glass for two seconds. Glass can be activated with the fingers or with the cheek, useful when you have the other hand occupied.
Please note that you need to touch a large area of the glass surface for touch activation to work, for example, a whole fingertip or your cheek. Tapping it with just the tip of a fingertip may not activate the touch glass. The touch glass works best when the watch is on a wrist, but not so well if it’s on a table, for example.
Easy-to-use, the hands on these watches automatically synchronise to the internal time set, so there is no need to manually set the hands or to rely on someone else to help you. An alarm feature is also included.
Instead of beeps, the watch has a spoken setting menu to help you set the time, date, alarm, and volume.
Available in three colours – chrome case with yellow silicone strap, chrome case with turquoise silicone strap and gold-finished case with white leather strap. You are currently viewing the listing for the chrome case with yellow silicone strap.
- Talking watch with yellow soft silicone strap with steel buckle.
- Silver-coloured chrome case.
- Easy-to-see clear white face with bold contrasting black hands and numbers.
- Time and date announced in a natural voice at the press of a button or by touching the glass case for three seconds.
- Two easy-to-feel pusher buttons; no recessed buttons or crown.
- Synchronised hands and voice.
- Spoken menus talk you through setting time, date, alarm, and volume.
- Stainless steel case back.
- Case size: 35mm diameter (1.38 inches).
- Minimum wrist size: 140mm (5.51 inches).
- Maximum wrist size: 190mm (7.48 inches).
- Weight: 43g (1.52oz).
- Two-year guarantee
Batteries and strap
- Supplied with a CR2025 battery fitted.
- RNIB does not guarantee batteries or watch straps.
- We recommend that only trained jewellers or watch specialists fit new batteries to avoid any damage to the watch.
- When you first receive the watch, it will be in silent mode to preserve battery life. To activate the watch voice you must hold the button at two o’clock for five seconds until it announces the set time.
- If the sound becomes quiet or distorted, or the hands fail to move properly, please replace the battery using a professional jeweller.
- This watch is not water-resistant.
- When not in use, store your watch in a clean, dry, soft container, ideally in the original box you will receive it in.
- Wipe clean with a dry, soft cloth after wear.
This item is eligible for VAT exemption.
- Clock and watch features Alarm, Hour announcement
- Clock and watch type Easy to see, Talking
- Strap colour Yellow
- Strap type Silicone
- Voice type Female, Natural
- Watch size Small (adult)