This is an accessible, 10.4 inch tablet pre-loaded with Synapptic software. This easy-to-use and easy-to-see fully talking smart tablet can be controlled with simple gestures or voice control. The Synapptic software offers easy-to-follow menus, large high-contrast text, voice dictation and clear speech feedback. Because all the Synapptic software features work in the same easy-to-use way, once you've mastered one feature, you've mastered them all, making it effortless to use this accessible smartphone.
This Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 tablet is supplied with Synapptic software installed – fully set up and ready to use. Great for users with low vision who want to maximise text and image size. With a fast 2Ghz processor for completing tasks quickly, this sleek and light tablet won't need to be upgraded any time soon.
Synapptic software offers easy-to-follow menus, voice control, clear speech feedback and large high-contrast text, making this tablet effortless to use. The advantage of Synapptic software is that all its features work in the same easy-to-use way, so once you've mastered one feature, you've mastered them all. Synapptic allows you to stay connected with the latest news and up-to-date with family and friends in a simple, accessible way.
Synapptic Reader is a simple but powerful screen reader for Android phones and tablets. It is used to read out Android apps or messages that aren't part of Synapptic. It goes step-by-step through each block of text, heading or button on the screen and reads them out, one by one.
Synapptic Reader also places the familiar red 'Cancel and Go Back' button in the top left of each app or Android message. This makes using apps and Android features seamless and easy from Synapptic.
Synapptic features voice dictation and hands-free control with voice commands. You don't need to type your messages, just dictate them instead!
Also, get one hour's free telephone training from the supplier with your order so you're ready to go with your device.
Features of Synapptic software include: Memory stick Talking Book reader to listen to RNIB talking books or newspapers and music or any other content played from a memory stick, Magnification, Speech, Voice control, Emails, Websites, Skype, Address book, Calendar, Alarm clock, Notepad, Voice memos, Camera, CCTV electronic magnifier, Reading machine, GPS Where am I, Calculator, Torch, MP3 player, Internet radio, Freeview TV, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, RSS news feeds and much more!
Tablet hardware specification
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 inch tablet
- Latest Synapptic software
- Model with a SIM Slot: Connect to the Internet via Wifi or insert a SIM card and use mobile data when out and about. (SIM Slot model can also make normal telephone calls and send/receive text message like a mobile phone)
- Tablet size: 24.7cm × 15.7cm × 0.7cm (9.75 × 6.20 × 0.28 inches)
- Weight: 467g (1 lb)
- Screen size (diagonal, corner to corner): 10.4 inches
- Screen technology: TFT
- Rear camera: 8MP standard lens
- Front camera: 5 Mega Pixel
- Android OS: Version 11
- Memory: 32GB internal, 3GB RAM
- Processor: Octa-core (4 × 2GHz, 4 × 1.8GHz)
- Battery: 7,040mAh Li-po
- Connectivity for standard tablet: Wifi, Bluetooth, PC Sync.
- Connectivity for tablet with a SIM Slot: Wifi, Bluetooth, PC Sync, 3G, 4G
- USB Connector: USB-C
- Standard 3.5mm Headphone socket (via USB-C adaptor)
Synapptic software specification
- Magnification: up to 20 times (20×)
- Dictate messages with voice recognition.
- Hands-free control with voice commands.
- One hour's free telephone training from Synapptic (on request).
- Smartphone features include email, internet, calendar, alarm clock, torch, internet radio, BBC iPlayer and notepad.
- Includes free USB Talking Book adaptor and two years of software updates.
Before ordering and free training
Please contact our Technology for Life Team to discuss your requirements and ensure this is the right product for you; 0303 123 9999.
The team at Synapptic offer one-hour of free training with your purchase - this is split into three 20 minute sessions and will be carried out by telephone. If you'd like to benefit from the free training please contact them on 0191 909 7909 to arrange suitable times within the 14-day return period.
If you would like further support to set up your tablet we may have a volunteer in your area. We strongly advise arranging the volunteer time and date before ordering to ensure this is available within the 14-day return period, in case you decide the tablet is not suitable.
We work with partners to deliver products on our behalf. If you’re buying a special order product, we will pass on your contact information to our partners to enable delivery. We may also quote extended delivery times, outside of our standard terms and conditions for these products. We cannot refund unsuitable returns after the 14-day period; the product must be returned in “as new” condition in original, undamaged packaging.
Important - order cancellations and returns
We are unable to cancel your order once it has been placed. Should you change your mind about this special order product, you will need to accept the delivery and then contact RNIB Helpline to arrange its return; guidance on how to do this can be found in our Returns Policy.
We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging.
This item is eligible for VAT exemption.
SKU Code: HT389W
- SIM option With SIM
Downloadable product instructions
- Print instructions for HT389W and HT389WO (DOCX)
- Braille instructions for HT389W and HT389WO (BRF)
- Audio instructions for HT389W and HT389WO (ZIP)
Terms and conditions
• RNIB terms and conditions Christmas Offer 2021