Talking Books subscription (free)
Just add this subscription to your shopping basket and follow the steps to check out and register.
Once complete, you will receive an email confirming your order from the online shop. If you have selected the digital download option, you will receive a second email within normally 24 hours, containing your user guides and login details. All orders placed outside office hours will be processed on the next working day.
If you’ve selected DAISY CD or USB stick options we will send a welcome letter in the post, explaining how the service will work and how to get your Talking Books.
- Borrow up to six books at a time, with no limit on the amount of books you can borrow
- Use our online catalogue to search by title, author and genre and manage your own wish lists
- Choose to receive your Talking Books via Digital Download on your computer, tablet or smartphone; or receive your titles in the post on DAISY CD or USB stick
- If you select a postal option, our Helpline staff can also manage your wish list and order titles on your behalf
- Digitally return your books through the app or send your CDs and USB sticks back using free postage
- Get help with choosing audio books from our experienced librarians, plus dedicated help in your own home with your technical or reading queries from our national team of volunteers
- When you subscribe to theTalking Books Service, you’ll also become a member of RNIB Library, with access to books, learning and music resources in braille and giant print, as well as regular magazines and newsletters to keep you up to date
Equipment you’ll need:
- To use the digital download option, you will need a computer, smartphone or tablet and will need to download the free OverDrive app to download, manage and play your titles (full info included in our user guides)
- To use our postal service you will need either a DAISY CD or USB stick player, or device that plays MP3 files. Check out our current range available from the online shop and contact the RNIB Helpline: 0303 123 9999 if you would like further advice on what product to buy.
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.