The Trek combines the world-renowned simple book reading and media playback experience of the Victor Stream, with the navigation guidance technology found in the previous Trekker Breeze.
With the press of one button, Trek will tell you your current nearest address, the direction you’re travelling and next instructions for the route you’re following. Simply drop a voice-tagged landmark and you can receive turn-by-turn directions to that exact point. Just press the toggle button to get back to your reading material exactly where you left off.
Trek specialises when you are in open area! Navigating on a college campus or similar areas can be challenging if you are new to the environment. Trek offers options to make you feel immediately more comfortable. Drop voice tagged landmarks at each building you will be returning to and Trek will always provide you with instructions to navigate there, even when no streets are found. Travel with confidence knowing that your landmarks will always be your points of reference.
Important note: This product may take up to five days to connect to signal.
- supplied with USB cable, power adaptor, belt clip and lanyard, headphones and weather-resistant carrying case
- works with Bluetooth headsets (not supplied); Humanware recommend bone conduction headsets to avoid blocking your ears while travelling
- talking book player and GPS navigation guidance device; switch easily between listening to books, podcasts and GPS functions
- make voice recordings, listen to podcasts, music files or internet radio
- transfer Talking Books and other files from a USB drive to the Trek using the supplied USB cable. Read DAISY, MP3, NISO and Audible.co.uk books, as well as electronic text
- check where you are by pressing the “Where am I?” button and add your own landmarks and quickly type addresses using the keypad
- uses map data from TomTom and you can use entire country maps or individual map sections
- preview and record your routes and received pedestrian or vehicle instructions; pedestrian mode ensures you won’t be guided onto major highways, vehicle mode reduces the amount of detail so they can be used to guide a sighted driver
- size: 124 x 67 x 40mm (4.8" x 2.6" x 1.5").
- uses map data from TomTom which is updated regularly
- iBeacon ready for future indoor navigation features to come in a software update
- will support the upcoming Galileo orientation system for even better accuracy when travelling
- includes a FM radio which will be active in a future software update.
Downloadable product instructions:
- Print instructions for HT278 (DOCX)
- Braille instructions for HT278 Volume 1 (BRF)
- Braille instructions for HT278 Volume 2 (BRF)
- Braille instructions for HT278 Volume 3 (BRF)
- Audio instructions for HT278 (ZIP)
Returns and warranty:
- 2-year warranty
We work with partners to deliver products on our behalf. If you’re buying a special order product, we will pass on your contact information to our partners to enable delivery. We may also quote extended delivery times, outside of our standard terms and conditions for these products.
This products is returnable within 14 days of receipt in an “as new” condition in original, undamaged packaging.
We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging.
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.