This global talking watch announces the time and date in RNIB’s natural English male voice and includes an optional alarm and/or hourly announcement. It is radio controlled, which means it receives a signal from the radio transmitter, which enables the time and date to set and regularly update automatically. This is particularly useful when the clocks change in the spring and the autumn, and therefore means you should never have to change the time or date manually, unless out of the signal range.
- Nickel-free case with stainless steel case back.
- 35mm (1.37 inch) chrome case with expanding strap.
- Announces time, day and date in a natural English male voice.
- White face with black hands and numbers.
- Two raised buttons, two recessed buttons.
- Optional alarm and hourly announcement.
- Minimum wrist size 150mm (5.91 inch) - Maximum wrist size 200mm (7.87 inch)
- Supplied with a CR2032 battery fitted.
- Batteries are only guaranteed for the first 90 days.
- It is highly recommended that only trained jewellers or watch specialists fit new batteries to avoid any damage to the watch.
- After replacing your watch battery, or following a sudden shock to your watch, it may be necessary to re-synchronise the hands and speech.
- You will receive this watch in power-saving mode, meaning there will be no speech or watch movement until it is activated.
- The watch can be used in the UK, Germany, USA and Japan (60 KHz only) where the radio signal can be received and the time and date set automatically.
- In countries with no signal the time on your watch can be set manually.
- There is no "Day talking" function after a new battery has been installed until it gets a first radio signal update.
- This watch is not water-resistant.
- RNIB does not guarantee batteries or watch straps.
- Some sighted assistance may be required to activate the watch before first use.
- If returning as unsuitable, products must be in as new condition within 14 days, with original undamaged packaging to be accepted.
This watch is available in two sizes, with a choice of two different straps:
- 40mm case with leather strap (CW239).
- 40mm case with metallic expanding strap (CW239EXP).
- 35mm case with leather strap (CW177).
- 35mm case with metallic expanding strap (CW177EXP).
Downloadable product instructions:
Standard delivery times
For items we keep in stock at our warehouse, we make every effort to deliver your order within five working days. However if you've not received your goods within seven working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you.
Covid-19 measures: our warehouse and special order suppliers are still operating and dispatching orders at this time. However, please be aware that Royal Mail and couriers are under increased pressure and their delivery timescales may be extended. Your order may take a few extra days to reach you.
We work with partners to deliver products on our behalf. We will pass on your contact information to be able to deliver the product effectively. Whilst delivery is usually within seven days, it may take up to six weeks.
Articles for the Blind scheme
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under Royal Mail's "Articles for the Blind" scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. Therefore we have to use alternative delivery methods, such as courier and Royal Mail services, for higher value orders.
Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a "dispatch note" with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within seven working days of receiving the order) about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.
- Additional Information