Designed for blind and partially sighted people, OrCam MyEye is a portable device, combining a smart camera mounted onto the wearer’s eyeglass frame, which is connected to a smartphone-sized computer/battery base unit. Requiring no internet or power connections, the camera is controlled using easy to use gestures, to provide through a discreet earpiece, text-to-speech of printed text from any surface; including newspapers, books, computer and smartphone screens etc. In addition to this the MyEye provides facial recognition for up to 100 of your friends and family, and identification of up to 150 products of your choice, including money, credit cards and much more.
FREE professional training - Included in the price is delivery to your door, by a certified OrCam Trainer who provides personalised, individual training to teach you how to incorporate the device’s technology into your daily life. Because training is hand delivered, expect to receive your OrCam within 14 days, from time of placing your order.
2 years warranty is included, with up to 3 years additional warranty available to purchase in yearly chunks (product code HT371WA). Additional warranty must be bought within 30 days of your OrCam purchase.
- Wearable, portable camera solution providing text-to-speech, facial and product/object recognition
- Reads printed text from any surface
- Recognises previously stored faces and items including money, credit cards and consumer products
- Fits onto the side of your existing glasses, including most wire frames
- Easy-to-use gesture
- Free, personalised training, delivered in person by OrCam trainer
- No internet connection required
- Increased independence
- Additional 3 years warranty available to purchase in yearly chunks (product code, HT371WA)
- 3 hour approx. use if used constantly.
- 8 hour approx. standard use
- Rechargeable battery
- Headphone socket
- Base unit size: H54 x L130 x W22mm (2.1” x 5.1” x 0.9”)
- Base unit weight: 163g (5.7oz)
- Head unit weight: 31g (1.09oz)
- 24 month warranty
Please note: This product is only available to purchase by customers in the UK.
We work with partners to deliver products on our behalf. If you’re buying a special order product, we will pass on your contact information to our partners to enable delivery. We may also quote extended delivery times, outside of our standard terms and conditions for these products.
This product has a 14 day lead time as training is hand delivered by a professional OrCam trainer. Return within 14 days of receipt in an “as new” condition in original, undamaged packaging.
We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging.
- For downloadable instructions, please use this link Product Instructions (Word doc )
- This product has a 14 day lead time as training is hand delivered by a professional OrCam trainer.
- Please note: This product is only available to purchase by customers in the UK.
- Additional warranty can be purchased in yearly time periods, product code HT371WA.
We will make every effort to deliver within 5 working days, however if you have not received your goods within 10 working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you. Please note that for special orders the delivery can take up to six weeks and this is stated in the product details, where relevant.
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under the 'Articles for the Blind' scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. We do, therefore, have to make delivery charges for some high value products which need to be sent by a special delivery method. Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a 'dispatch note' with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within 7 working days) of receiving the order about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.