This magnifier is small and lightweight enough to fit into your bag or pocket, whilst providing the magnification you need to read information at home or out and about. Easy to use, with large colourful easy-to-see and tactile buttons against the black face of the device; the handle and outer casing are ruby red.
With the handle closed, this video magnifier can be placed directly onto a document and set to magnify at five times, seven and a half times or 10 times (5x, 7.5x, 10x). With the handle extended the device offers two to 14 times magnification (2x to 14x).
The image on the 4.3-inch screen stays crisp and clear, even when rapidly moving the Ruby across lines of text. View in full colour, black on white, white on black, yellow in blue or yellow on black. The image capture feature means you can freeze an image at arms-length and then bring the screen closer to read. Save up to 15 images for future reference.
Can be used with standard AAA batteries, or the supplied rechargeable batteries. On a full charge you can continually use the Ruby for about two hours.
- compact 4.3-inch screen
- 2x to 14x magnification with handle extended
- 5x, 7.5x and 10x magnification flat on a table
- lightweight design, weighs just 7.7 ounces (218g)
- built-in LED lighting; can be turned off to avoid glare when viewing reflective surfaces
- freeze frame with adjustable magnification
- five high-contrast colour viewing modes
- store up to 15 images
- fast reading with no blur
- easy flip-out handle
- supplied with batteries, charger, wrist strap and fabric carry case.
- supplied with four rechargeable AAA NiMH batteries; takes approximately two hours to charge
- can be used with disposable AAA batteries
- when using the mains charger, please ensure the rechargeable batteries are installed
- two hours continuous use; indicator LED flashes red when batteries are low
- contained within the handle giving Ruby a light and balanced feel.
- display: 10.9cm (4.3 inches), widescreen LCD 16:9 aspect ratio
- dimensions: 12.5cm by 7.5cm by 3.4cm (4.9 by 2.9 by 1.35 inches).
Downloadable product instructions
Standard delivery times
For items we keep in stock at our warehouse, we make every effort to deliver your order within five working days. However if you've not received your goods within seven working days please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 who will be able to help you.
Covid-19 measures: our warehouse and special order suppliers are still operating and dispatching orders at this time. However, please be aware that Royal Mail and couriers are under increased pressure and their delivery timescales may be extended. Your order may take a few extra days to reach you.
We work with partners to deliver products on our behalf. We will pass on your contact information to be able to deliver the product effectively. Whilst delivery is usually within seven days, it may take up to six weeks.
Articles for the Blind scheme
Most of our products and some publications in large print (16 point and above) can be sent by freepost under Royal Mail's "Articles for the Blind" scheme.
However, the Articles for the Blind scheme offers no guarantees of delivery or insurance for valuable items. Therefore we have to use alternative delivery methods, such as courier and Royal Mail services, for higher value orders.
Where a product incurs a delivery charge this is highlighted in the product details and will be added to your order at checkout.
When we send your products, the package will include a "dispatch note" with details of the contents. It is really important to check this against the actual contents of the package and alert us immediately (within seven working days of receiving the order) about any discrepancies.
If you find this product is unsuitable for your needs, or is faulty, then follow our returns instructions to ensure we deal with your enquiry efficiently. Some products cannot be returned. More information can be found in product description where applicable.
Special order products are non-returnable unless faulty. We kindly ask our customers to ensure that any faulty products being returned are packaged securely for stable transit, or the warranty may be voided. Where possible, please use the original packaging. These include specially ordered items that are not part of our standard range. This also includes personalised items, including computer packages, as well as special order canes, walking sticks and more.
- Additional Information