Starting with pre-braille skills, the complete contracted braille code is taught in small steps, with plenty of practice exercises which include short reading passages and writing exercises.
The course consists of 11 braille volumes and includes sections covering practical daily uses of braille, capitalisation, and the code for representing email and web addresses. These volumes are used in conjunction with the instructional text, and include the Fingerprint braille course reference sign book (TC21440).
Course materials and instructions to order separately.
- Instructions in print (TC21439P)
- Instructions on audio CD (TC21439CD)
- Instructions on multi-media CD (TC21439M)
- Instructions in braille (TC21439B)
The multi-media CD, includes the instructions in three formats:
- DAISY audio.
- Word document in 16 point – which can be accessed on a computer or printed in a suitable font size.
- Braille Ready File in contracted braille – ideal for experienced braillists supporting a touch learner.