Banish the winter blues with this lightweight and portable lamp that switches easily between light therapy mode and task lamp mode.
If you suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) there are a number of things you can do to help improve your SAD symptoms, like trying to get as much natural sunlight as possible. If this is not possible, you can use a SAD therapy lamp.
Some people with SAD find that light therapy can help improve their mood considerably. SAD therapy lamps like the Daylight TwoSun produce a very bright light. This light simulates the sunlight that's missing during the darker winter months.
It's thought the light may improve SAD by encouraging your brain to reduce the production of melatonin (a hormone that makes you sleepy) and increase the production of serotonin (a hormone that affects your mood).
The Daylight TwoSun is a versatile lamp that can be used as a SAD therapy lamp and as a standard desk lamp.
To use the TwoSun as a SAD light, simply unfold the light to its full extent and position it to your side at arm’s length, with the shade – at full brightness – directed towards you. Do not stare into the light, it is sufficient that the light reaches your eyes indirectly. In light therapy mode, the lamp will automatically shut off after 30 minutes.
When you’re not using the TwoSun as a SAD light, you can use it as a standard desk lamp, ideal for illuminating your space and reducing eyestrain when enjoying hobbies or carrying out everyday tasks. This two-in-one lamp has been ergonomically designed to be easy to carry with one hand and folds up compactly when not in use. The Easy Twist Shade allows the light to be positioned and directed exactly where you need it while the brightness of the daylight LEDs can be adjusted using the tactile three-step dimmer button. The high quality LEDs and CRI of over 95 provide optimum light therapy and ensures accurate colour matching.
For more details about this product – including instructions on using this lamp for SAD – check the product instructions manual (in the User Guides tab) to help you decide if this product is suitable for you.
- Lightweight and portable SAD light and task lamp.
- Tested to Medical Safety Standard EN/IEC 60601-1.
- Easily alternate between light therapy mode and task lamp mode.
- Light therapy mode: 10,000 lux at 10cm with automatic 30-minute off timer.
- Easily adjust the brightness level with the three-step dimmer button.
- Easy Twist Shade to direct the light exactly where you need it.
- Light, portable and ergonomically designed to be easily carried with one hand.
- Product colour: Black/silver.
- Height: 29.5cm (11.5 inches) when closed; 54cm (21 inches) fully extended for therapy mode.
- Base: 12.5 × 11.4cm (5 × 4.5 inches).
- Cable length: 1.8m (5.91 feet).
- Weight: 1.1kg (2.43lbs).
- Bulb lifespan: Up to 50,000 hours.
- Daylight product code: D36201.
- Light source: LED.
- Lumens: 800.
- Lux: 10,000 at 10cm; 5,000 at 20cm; 2,500 at 30cm.
- Colour temperature: 6,000k (daylight white light).
- CRI: 95+.
- Power consumption: 19W.
- Before using the lamp we advise seeking advice from your doctor if any of the following apply to you:
- You have been advised to avoid bright light because of a particular medical condition.
- You are taking medication that may cause photosensitivity.
- You have had recent eye surgery or have had previous eye problems.
- You have been diagnosed with a mood disorder, depression or sleep problems.
- Take particular care if you have been prescribed any medication for any of the above, as light therapy can also affect your mood and affect how your medication works.
Why are Daylight™ products so good for you?
- Comfort: With full spectrum Daylight™ technology, your eyes will still be fresh at the end of the day! Reducing eye strain avoids headaches and red eyes.
- Vison: Daylight™ reading lamps have a colour temperature that maximises contrast and clarity with minimal glare, these features are vital for people with low vision.
- Low heat: Even if you touch the shade or bulb of this lamp by accident, you will be safe. Daylight™ products use low-heat technology for ultimate comfort and safety.
- Energy saving: Daylight™ lamps use 80 per cent less energy and have a light source that will last at least 10 times longer than bulbs in standard lamps.
- Ease of use: Daylight™ products are ergonomically designed so they can be effortlessly positioned exactly where light is needed. Function is simple with tactile and easily recognisable switches and buttons.
- Please retain packaging until you're sure you'd like to keep the product. This product is returnable within 14 days from purchase date.
- Position the light to your side, with the shade directed towards you.
- Be sure to keep your eyes open as the treatment will not work on closed eyes.
- Do not stare into the light.
- Light therapy is at its most effective when used first thing in the morning.
- Avoid using your lamp in light therapy mode in the evening as you may have difficulty falling asleep.
- Your doctor can help you find the most beneficial light therapy schedule for you.
- Two-year manufacturer’s warranty.