The Focus 14 Blue 5th generation braille display combines comfort, portability, and advanced features for the ultimate go-anywhere Braille interface device. A highly responsive eight-dot keyboard and seamless USB-C and Bluetooth® 4.1 connectivity make the Focus 14 Blue the ideal note-taking companion for smartphones, iPads®, tablets and other mobile devices.
The Scratchpad feature lets you take notes and read books even when you aren't connected.
The fifth generation of the Focus 14 Blue braille display is more rugged and stronger than ever. With the housing from aluminium and steel, added bumpers to absorb shock, and physically isolated the braille cells, this braille display is created to meet the demands of the active user.
- 14 braille cells
- Eight-dot braille keyboard
- Seamless braille with a more crisp and uniform feel
- Compact and durable – designed for portability
- Convenient front panel controls and customizable NAV rockers
- Our exclusive NAV Rockers let you rapidly scroll by line, sentence, paragraph, or pan through a document
- Menu button, conveniently centred above the cursor router buttons, for quick access to calendar, clock, Bluetooth connections, and more
- Built-in Scratchpad with BRF Book Reader
- Micro SD Card up to 32 GB
- Select your personal braille firmness with VariBraille
- USB-C micro connector – always right-side-up to reduce wear and tear
- Charge battery via USB
- Unique use-in carrying case
- Supplied with print and braille manual
Compatibility and connectivity features
- Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity – switch between five Bluetooth devices and one USB connection
- Out-of-the box compatibility with Apple® iOS 11 and Android devices
- Use with JAWS for combined speech and braille access
- Use with JAWS for Braille Study Mode to learn and teach braille
- Works with JAWS BrailleIn™ for contracted braille input and full control in Windows®
We work with partners to deliver products on our behalf. We will pass on your contact information to be able to deliver the product effectively. Whilst delivery is usually within seven days, it may take up to six weeks.
Important – order cancellations and returns
We are unable to cancel your order once it has been placed. Should you change your mind about this special order product, you will need to accept the delivery and then contact RNIB Helpline to arrange its return; guidance on how to do this can be found in our Returns Policy.
This item is eligible for VAT exemption.
SKU Code: HT382-14
- Braille cell option 14 cell display
- Cell quantity 14
Downloadable product instructions