RealSAM Pocket is a unique voice-controlled device that's simple and easy to use. Designed for people who are blind or living with some sight loss, it combines a smart phone, media player and personal assistance tools.
If you’re a fan of audiobooks, then RealSAM Pocket could be perfect for you! Pocket offers more than 100,000 books, including access to the RNIB Library and four other audio book libraries, with no borrowing limits or additional costs. You can search for, then stream, audio books just by using your voice.
You can also use RealSAM Pocket to access the RNIB Newsagent Services, again at no additional cost, bringing over 275 talking newspapers and magazines to you each day.
- 60-day returns period.
- Unlimited access to RNIB audiobooks, newspapers and magazines.
- Add books to your Bookshelf and save them to read later.
- Internet radio, podcasts and news all searchable by voice.
- Use just your voice to make calls and send text messages.
- Unlimited customer support from the RealSAM team.
- Accessible web portal to manage your account.
- Emergency assistance button to reach trusted contacts. When the button is pressed three times, flagged contacts will be sent a text message saying where you are, and the device will also attempt to ring them.
- A selection of personal assistance tools, including a world clock and weather app. You can also set reminders for tasks; for example, “Remind me in 30 minutes to turn the oven on”.
- Outdoor navigation support. RealSAM Pocket can tell you where you are and what’s around you.
- Video magnifier to help you read small print on packets of food or medicine.
- Be My Eyes service for video call support.
- Bluetooth capability for linking to headphones, hearing aids or smart speakers.
- Selection of voices and talkback speeds.
- Durable and waterproof (IP68 rated).
RNIB Technology Support
For information or advice on technology that will be suitable for your needs, please contact our team on 0303 123 9999 and speak to one of our advisors within the Sight Loss Advice Service.
RNIB Technology Grant Scheme
This RealSAM device is available to apply for through the RNIB Technology Grant Scheme. Other items include video magnifiers, RNIB PenFriend 3, kitchen equipment, clocks and watches, phones and DAISY players. For further information visit rnib.org.uk/grants or call 0303 123 9999.
Warranty and returns
- One-year warranty
- You must notify us within 60 days of receipt if you wish to return the RealSAM Pocket as unsuitable.
How to buy
RealSAM Pocket Sim-free (lifetime plan): £719
- You are ordering a RealSAM Pocket mobile device and lifetime service and support in a single upfront payment. This service is provided for the lifetime of the device.
- Replacement handsets in the case of loss or damage cannot be purchased under this contract.
- The service includes full access to the RNIB Library and RNIB Newsagent.
- A third-party mobile plan and SIM may be added to the device by the provider of your choice at your cost, however RealThing AI will not be responsible for mobile connectivity issues if this is the case. You must refer these issues to your mobile plan provider.
- Your device will be delivered within 5-10 working days. You can return your device within 60 days of receiving it if you change your mind.
- If you cancel within 60 days, you will be charged £25.99 for each month’s usage charges. You will need to contact us to return your device along with all accessories and packaging, and you will be responsible for any postage charges for returning the product to us.
- The full terms and conditions are accessible on the RealSAM Pocket device and are also available on the In Your Pocket website.
RealSAM Pocket Unlimited Calls, Text and 3GB Data (2-year plan): £25.99 a month, or £619 upfront
- RealSAM Pocket is available with either a 3GB or 10GB plan – check your coverage using the O2 coverage checker website before purchase.
- The 3GB plan provides enough data to stream Talking Books (off Wi-Fi) for about 119 hours per month (about four hours per day).
- The 3GB plan is a £25.99 composite VAT per month, 24-month contract for the device and connectivity on O2. This can also be purchased in a single payment of £619 composite VAT.
This item is eligible for VAT exemption.