The Colorino Colour Identifier and Light Detector fits easily into the palm of your hand and it’s very easy to use.
It discerns and clearly announces up to 150 shadings - not just red for example but pale red light red dark red as well as intense red. You just need to press the button closest to the speaker while holding the wide end of the unit firmly against any object and you'll hear the exact colour spoken aloud in a clear male English voice.
The second button activates the built-in light probe. Colorino can detect the presence of light and indicate the intensity and the proximity of light with various acoustic signals:
- A high tone detects that the source of light is intense or very near.
- A low tone detects that the source of light is weak or far away.
- A siren-like sound detects artificial light.
- Discerns and clearly announces up to 150 colour shades.
- Detects presence of light its proximity and intensity.
- Clear male English voice.
- Three volume levels: low medium and high.
- Earphone jack for private listening. Please note: earphones are not supplied.
- The unit switches off automatically after approximately 30 seconds.
- Requires two AAA batteries (not included – Product code BAT03).
- Unit measures approximately 10 x 5 cm.
- Make sure the Colorino is pointing completely straight on to the clothing and not leaning to one side to get an accurate reading.
- Works best on dense material but if you have light-weight fabric fold it over a few times to make sure no light can shine through.
- If you have dirt on the sensor clean very carefully with a cotton swab.
- It is not recommended to use this product to detect colours of electrical wires/cables or any item that does not have a flat surface.
- If the surface is not flat it will cause light to get into the optical reader causing an inaccurate reading.
This item is eligible for VAT exemption.