Emporia TALKactive T221 4G mobile phone - blueberryHM87-U
Developed with advice from RNIB’s Technology for Life Team, this elegant clamshell feature phone has a Voice Assist feature to make it easy to stay in touch via phone calls and messages.
Voice Assist announces all the key functions, from menus and incoming numbers to phone book contacts. It also means that with one button press you know your battery level and the time of day. New messages are announced as they arrive and read out when you choose to listen.
When you want to reply, the phone will read back the keys as you input text and read back the finished message before you send it.
Designed with simplicity in mind, the Emporia TALKactive T221 4G also has a clear 2.2-inch screen, large text and excellent contrast both on the display and the backlit keypad.
The Emporia Emergency Call Function provides added security in the event of difficulty, and the phone has two Direct Memory buttons for your most used numbers.
- Clamshell 4G mobile phone with Voice Assist.
- Key functions and text messages are read aloud.
- Extra-large illuminated buttons with a defined pressure point.
- Large screen with text that is easy to read. The overall font size is 15pt.
- Loud and clear sound, suitable for the hard of hearing – HAC: M4 / T4.
- Emporia emergency call function (optional).
- Colour: blueberry
- This phone requires a Nano-SIM card.
- The Talking Voice Assistant is only adapted for English on this phone.
- Follow the start -up procedure in the user guide.
- This is not a smartphone and it has no internet connection.
Battery and charger
- Stand-by up to 140 hours.
- Talk time up to 320 minutes.
- Li-Ion 3.8 V/1150 mAh.
- Charging cradle supplied with cable and three-pin plug.
- Two battery covers, with and without emergency button.
- GSM: 900/1800.
- WCDMA: 900/2100.
- FDD LTE: 1/3/7/8/20.
- SIM card type: Nano-SIM.
- Screen: 2.2-inch TFT, 176 × 220 pixels.
- Dimensions: 100 × 50 × 17mm.
- Weight: 88g.
- Two mega-pixel camera.
- LED indicators for missed calls, SMS and battery.
- USB Type-C.
- Micro SD card slot (up to 32 GB).
Safety information – see user guide for full safety and warnings information
- Turn off your phone in hospitals and whenever you are near medical equipment.
- There should always be a distance of at least 20 cm between a pacemaker and the phone when it is on.
- Never shine the LED torch in the eyes of people or animals.
- Using a headset on a high volume can cause hearing impairments. Check the volume of the headset you are using.
- Do not hold the phone to your ear when hands-free mode is activated or the emergency button has been pressed.
- The phone and the accessories may contain small parts. Keep the phone out of the reach of young children.
- As a precaution, we recommend disconnecting the phone from the charger during thunderstorms.
In the box
- Emporia T221-4G TALKactive clam mobile phone.
- Two battery covers; one with an emergency button, one without.
- Desktop charging stand.
- USB cable.
- USB charging mains adaptor.
- Quick start guide for standard ACTIVEglam phone (small font size).
- Large print user guide for TALKactive clam (16pt print).
This item is eligible for VAT exemption.
- Phone features Bluetooth, Camera, Emergency call function, Memory buttons, Suitable for hard of hearing, Talking
- Colour option Blue
- Language English (UK)
- Phone type Clamshell
- Voice type Female, Synthetic
Downloadable product instructions
- Print instructions for HM87-U (DOCX)
- Braille instructions for HM87-U (BRF)
- Audio instructions for HM87-U (MP3)
Important – start up procedure
When you turn on the phone for the first time the start-up will take approximately 45 seconds. You will feel a vibration and hear a tone and then the Start Up Procedure will prompt you to:
- Enter a PIN code (only if previously set)
- You may be asked for a four-digit PIN code (personal identification number) for the SIM. Enter the code using the keypad and press [ok] to confirm.
- Select a Language
- Select a Language by pressing the [up arrow] button to highlight the desired language in the list and then press [ok] to save.
- Please note: changing the Language will only be reflected in the Display. The Talking Voice Assistant is only adapted for English on this phone. The list of available languages are as follows; English 1, French 2, Spanish 3, Danish 4, Polish 5, Portuguese 6, Italian 7, Deutsch 8, Czech 9, Norwegian 10, Slovak 11, Dutch 12, Finnish 13, Hungarian 14, Turkish 15, Swedish 16, Croatian 17. The Languages will be spoken as written in that language, e.g. Spanish is Espanol.
- Set the time.
- Enter the time in 24-hour format (HH:MM) and press [ok] to save. If you already have inserted your SIM card the time will automatically be set by the network. When pressing save your phone will speak ‘Time set’.
- Set the date.
- Enter the date in format DD:MM:YY. Again, if you have inserted your SIM card this will already be set by your network. Press [ok] to save, ‘Date set’ will be spoken.